- Organisation: Shelter
- Salary: £17,688
- Job Type: Full time
- Closing date: 6 March 2014
- Location: Manchester
We’re looking for a commercially aware Administrator who is used to playing an office management role in a customer-facing environment, to make their mark at the start of an exciting and innovative new project.
Inspiring Change Manchester is a new partnership that incorporates statutory, voluntary and private sector organisations alongside a core group of service users. Our vision? To help people improve their lives and sustain these improvements by transforming Manchester’s systems and services. We believe that people living in Manchester who have multiple needs can achieve real, lasting growth and fulfilment. Simply surviving is not enough. Yet our research shows that ‘survival’ rather than ‘growth’ is the reality for too many of the city’s most vulnerable residents. To make our vision possible, we’ll need to inspire a wide range of people across to change their beliefs and their behaviour. You’ll help us do just that.
This post is funded by the National Lottery through the Big Lottery Fund’s £112m initiative Fulfilling lives: Supporting people with multiple needs
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Provide office-based support to a diverse Programme Management team
• Assist with the design and development of programme systems and processes
• Act as the first point of contact for external agencies and individuals
• Maintain office records and carry out a range of day-to-day clerical duties.
And what you’ll need:
• Proven experience of office and financial management, including developing and running admin systems, assisting with budgets, invoicing, collating data and writing reports
• A proactive, results-driven, collaborative and well-organised approach
• Excellent customer service skills and the confidence to communicate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
• Proficiency using MS Office applications and case management/reporting systems plus the ability to type and service meetings.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.