- Organisation: Shelter
- Salary: £23,611
- Salary info: Maternity cover contract.
- Job Type: Full time
- Closing date: 30 April 2014
- Location: Newcastle
We’re looking for a client-focused individual with experience of providing advice on housing issues, to join us as a Housing Advice, Support and Guidance Worker and help us prevent homelessness in the future.
Shelter delivers a variety of contracted and Shelter funded services within the North East. As well as working with a range of partners to provide a holistic service for clients, our integrated service focuses on homelessness prevention and tenancy sustainment for those in greatest need, regardless of eligibility or advice need.
Benefits include 30 days annual leave, the possibility of flexible working and significant opportunities for learning and development.
Your key responsibilities:
• Deliver an integrated advice and support service focusing on homelessness prevention and tenancy sustainment
• Being an integral part of a housing advice team and taking a key role in the initial assessment process for clients
• Working with agencies and landlords to act as broker between people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness
• Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of the service, raising policy issues where necessary.
And what you’ll need:
• Recent experience and knowledge in housing advice
• Experience of advising vulnerable people and/or people with multiple and complex needs
• Experience of working within a safeguarding framework
• The relationship building and networking skills it takes to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
For further information about the role, the benefits of working for Shelter and to apply please visit our website.
At Shelter, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, gender, ethnicity, religion and sexual orientation. We are facing diverse problems, so need diverse people to tackle them.
Shelter helps millions of people a year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
We’re here so no-one has to fight bad housing or homelessness on their own.
Shelter is a charity that works to alleviate the distress caused by homelessness and bad housing.
For further information and to apply click here