- Organisation: Children’s Food Trust
- Salary: £24,081 – £25,081 pro-rata
- Salary info: Part time 7.5 per week or 14 hours alternate weeks. There will also be the potential for occasional additional paid hours during peak times and/or where further contracts and funding is secured.
- Job Type: Part time
- Closing date: 6 February 2014
- Location: Homebased and working mainly across the North East region and possibly other regions
As an Associate Children’s Food Advisor (cookery) you will work within the Let’s Get Cooking team to deliver training and provide support to a range of customers. A focus of this role will be supporting a Let’s Get Cooking regional colleague contributing to the on-going success of the Let’s Get Cooking programme in the region, and the training and development of clubs.
The role will primarily involve the delivery of the Big Lottery Health and Wellbeing contract.
The day to day activities of this role can be complex and varied. Regular travel and some overnight stays should be expected. You may be required to work in regions outside of the North East and should be prepared to travel.
Formerly known as the School Food Trust, we started our work in 2005 and became a registered charity in 2006.
Our children must eat healthily to reach their full potential in life.
Through ensuring a balanced diet in their early years and at school, together with better family cooking skills, lifestyle and food education, the Trust exists to help protect every child’s right to eat better – and so, to do better.
We provide specialist advice, training and support to anyone who provides food for children.
- improving lunchtimes in early years settings and schools – the food, the kitchens, the dining rooms and the training
- helping schools, communities, charities and businesses with practical, healthy cooking skills which improve diet
- advising on how to improve menus for children
- building the evidence base about children’s food and nutrition through our internationally-recognised research team
- providing independent, expert advice to local and national government and other organisations working on children’s food issues.
Please fill in the application form and return it to email@example.com, or by post to: Ella Jones, Children’s Food Trust, 3rd Floor, 1 East Parade, Sheffield, S1 2ET.
Please contact Ella Jones on 0114 2996901 with any queries.
CVs will not be accepted