- Organisation: SERRAC Ltd
- Salary: circa £20,000
- Salary info: Hours negotiable. SERRAC Ltd will start trading in January 2015. Annual leave: 22 days plus public holidays. Contract: 12 months initially. Probationary period: 6 months
- Job type: Business Development Manager
- Status: Full time
- Closing date: 28/11/2014
- Location: Home Based. Ashington, Northumberland
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to join a brand new social enterprise that will help carers and other people access the products and services they need?
The Business Development Manager will identify products and services, find the right specialist suppliers and promote and market products and services initially in Northumberland.
Working with the Board of Directors you’ll be responsible for delivering the business plan, building the supplier and customer base and growing the business. If you’re an enthusiastic and motivated self starter with a head for business who’s good with people then we’d love to hear from you.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the day to day running of the business and is expected to report regularly to and work closely with the company Directors. The Business Development Manager is expected to grow the business.
Serrac Ltd. will become a recognised and trusted brand offering access to a range of ethical products and services from trusted suppliers; in particular specialist advice for those with complex needs. In the initial trading year the focus will be on legal, financial and payroll services for the target market of carers in Northumberland. As the business grows new products and services will be added to the offer.
Serrac Ltd. is a social enterprise that will reinvest its profits in Carers Northumberland.
The Business Development Manager will be home based and will have access to resources at Carers Northumberland Office in Ashington.
The following are essential:
• results focused and target driven approach to work
• a proven track record of success in developing trade
• able to demonstrate success in developing and maintaining business relationships
• customer-focused attitude to work
• excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with people at all levels
• high level of customer service skills
• excellent oral and written communication skills
• good time management and the ability to prioritise work
The following are desirable:
• understanding of Social Enterprises
• understanding of the carers sector
• Previous business or management experience
The three main outcomes we expect the Business Development Manager to deliver are:
• A recognised business and brand
For example by:
o Co-ordinating marketing, PR and communication activities
o Developing and maintaining effective consultation and communication with customers and partners
o Managing stakeholder relationships both internally and externally
• A growing business with sustainable income streams
For example by:
o Ensuring and maintaining excellent customer service
o Understanding what products and services carers need
o Increasing the range and choice of products and services available
o Identifying and building relationships with new suppliers
o Increasing income generated through trade
• A well managed and governed business
For example by:
o Working alongside the Company Directors to develop strategy and plans
o Managing, developing and monitoring business performance
o Implementing delivery and reporting on progress made against targets
o Managing volunteers and staff assisting with practical tasks
o Liaising with and reporting to funders, auditors and completing all statutory returns to Companies House
o Ensuring systems are in place for managing financial information
o Preparing financial and performance reports for the Board
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact: Peter Stonell on 0797 40 40 486
Serrac Limited is a referral route using a website and telephone helpline to provide affordable and easily accessible local services to those who need advice and support. It earns commission from its suppliers.
For application pack please contact Serrac at firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion regarding this post please contact Peter Stonell on 07974 040486.
To apply please send CV and covering letter to email@example.com before noon on Friday 28 November 2014.
Interviews will be held in early December