The two Local Enterprise Partnerships are leading on the preparation of the EU Funds Programme 2014-2020 and have until the end of September 2013 to prepare their strategies. Last week The Rt. Hon Dr Vince Cable MP announced the North East LEP would receive just less than 540 million Euro for its ESF and ERDF programmes whereas the Tees Valley LEP will receive just over 200 million Euro. The total allocation across the 39 LEPs in England is 6.2 billion Euro. Click here for more information.
The EU Funds event last week proved extremely popular and timely, and marked the beginning of a process to ensure social enterprise is firmly embedded in the emerging European strategies of the regions two Local Enterprise Partnerships.
The event was hosted by the North East Social Enterprise Partnership with expert input from Network for Europe who provided an overview of the background and context to the programme, and clarity about what is expected. The North East Local Enterprise Partnership and Tees Valley Unlimited set out their priorities and were keen to hear thoughts and ideas about the role and contribution that social enterprise could make.
Useful documents to download:
- Event Summary
- Community-Led Local Development: Cohesion Policy 2014 – 2020
- Integrated Territorial Investment: Cohesion Policy 2014 – 2020
- No Stone Unturned: In Pursuit of Growth
- Structural and Investment Fund Strategies: Preliminary Guidance to Local Enterprise Partnerships
- Preliminary Guidance: Technical Annex
- Europe 2020: A Technical Strategy for Smart Sustainable and Inclusive Growth
- Simplifying Cohesion Policy for 2014 – 2020
- Guide to Social Innovation
Presentation slides from the event:
- Rory Sherwood-Parkin, Tees Valley Unlimited
- Andy Churchill, Network for Europe
- John Hacking, Network for Europe
- James Davies, North East Local Enterprise Partnership
The North East Social Enterprise Partnership will be carrying on the thinking started at the event throughout July and will be submitting a paper to the two LEPs in August to feed into their final strategy submissions. We welcome your input – please visit this page to send us your thoughts and ideas.