Equality North East is delighted to announce that businesses across the region are able to develop and embed good equality practices through the financial support available through the North East Business Support fund administered by NBSL.
The Standard is a nationally acknowledged practical tool to help organizations of all sizes and sectors embed equality.
The Standard will help your business to:
- Achieve tangible business benefits
- Reduce the risk of discrimination litigation
- Achieve fairness in the workplace and embrace diversity
- Improve competence when seeking to bid for work with the Public Sector
The Standard is awarded in recognition that you actually plan and promote good equality and diversity practices in the workplace.
Achieving the Standard can help you become an employer and supplier of choice in a marketplace that now expects employers to recognise equality and diversity and the needs of the individual and society.
What is on offer?
- Up to 40% support to a maximum of £1,400
What type of businesses can apply?
- Actively trading small or medium sized businesses (less than 250 staff) based in the North East
- Turnover generated predominately from business to business trading
- Planning to grow the business
Apply now at www.nbsl.org.uk/nebsf-application and register interest in working towards the standard at http://www.equality-ne.co.uk/projects/standard/interest.html