- Organisation: The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
- Salary: £25,607 – £27,115
- Salary info: 35 hours per week, permanent contract
- Job Type: Full time
- Closing date: 4 March 2014
- Location: Home based: covering Glasgow, Edinburgh and Newcastle
The Fundraising department is fundamental to the ongoing success of Guide Dogs. We do this by providing innovative and exciting ways for the public to get involved and give to Guide Dogs. Without the generous donations we receive from our supporters we couldn’t operate. That’s why we’ve created and continue to develop a suite of fundraising initiatives.
As a Fundraising Group Development Manager you will be responsible for maximising sustainable income from the establishment and development of new fundraising groups and supporter groups and the regeneration of existing fundraising groups, through capacity-building of Community Fundraisers and key volunteers.
We want a society in which blind and partially-sighted people enjoy the same freedom of movement as everyone else.
We will deliver the guide dog service and other mobility services, as well as breaking down barriers – both physical and legal – to enable blind and partially-sighted people to get around on their own.
My Guide Service
My Guide is a pilot to trial a service that uses trained volunteers to help people out of their homes and to re/establish links with their local community and meet new people. It is hoped that the service will:
- Reduce social isolation amongst people who are blind or partially sighted
- Develop confidence, to encourage greater inclusion and independent mobility.
- Improve physical and mental well-being by providing support to enable participation in a range of social and recreational activities.
For further information and to apply click here