- Organisation: National Development Team for Inclusion
- Salary: Up to £50,000
- Benefits: contributory pension
- Job Type: Full time
- Closing date: 3 March 2014
- Location: Bath
We deliver a programme of policy influence, demonstrating innovation, consultancy, research and training that aims to help society and services do things differently. By adopting a positive attitude towards ageing, and seeing older people as valued citizens who can and do contribute to their communities, we believe that life for people as they age, can and should be a good experience.
Our Programme Lead needs to have a diverse mix of skills and talents, including:
- The right values – sharing the beliefs we outline above and wanting to translate them into real change
- Being an entrepreneur – we are a not for profit organisation, but only exist because people want to pay us to do work with them. You will be able to conceptualise ideas that chime with current issues, turn them into plans or products and then persuade people to fund us to deliver them
- A keen intellect – the issues are complex, and you will be asked to help organisations analyse and understand why they are struggling with the agenda and help them design and implement new ways of working.
- Being highly personable – you will be representing NDTi to other organisations, networking so we are connected in key places, speaking and writing to persuade people to do things differently. People need to be impressed by you as a person.
- A self-starting team player. Not a contradiction in terms, but you will be able to see what needs to be done and then get on with it, knowing that your colleagues are a resource to call on, learn from and engage with.
In return, you will get a salary of up to £50,000 pa plus a contributory pension. Hopefully more importantly, you will get colleagues who share your passion, ideals and desire to work together for change. NDTi is a great place to work.
The job is based at our HQ in Bath but we will consider a home base (with a regular presence in Bath) for the right person. Significant national travel is involved.
We are fairly open minded about the work you have been doing to date. It will certainly have involved you demonstrating leadership, implementing your values, achieving change and generating income/funding for the people you work with and for. Whether that is/was in the older people and ageing sector, or a related field around people, rights and inclusion is possibly less important. You might have led innovative change in traditional services at a senior level, be exploring new policy and practice ideas, campaigning or promoting inclusive communities. Persuade us you are the right person for this challenge.
For an informal conversation, call Rob Greig (Chief Executive) or Helen Bown (Head of Policy and Research) on 01225 789135.
The National Development Team for Inclusion (NDTi) is a not-for-profit organisation which works to promote inclusive lives for people who are most at risk of exclusion and who may need support to lead a full life. NDTi exists to make change happen – change that leads to people having better lives.
- For further information and to apply, please visit our website
- The closing date for applications is noon on March 3rd 2014.
- A selection day, which will involve a number of different components, will be held at our Head Office in Bath on Tuesday March 25th.
- Applicants successful in being invited to the selection day will be notified by Tuesday March 11th.
- If you have any difficulties downloading information or require additional support, please speak to Pauline on 01225 789135.
The NDTI is committed to Equal Opportunities. We welcome applications from all races, sexes and people with disabilities. The selection process is designed to select, promote and treat people on the basis of their merits and abilities within British Law.