The Rural Community Co-operative Awards 2015 celebrate the most inspirational examples of what can be achieved when rural communities work together. The awards will showcase the co-operatives that have made a real difference to individuals within their community, from helping to overcome social isolation and loneliness to addressing specific health issues. They also recognise innovative business practices from both established rural co-operatives, as well as newer enterprises.
- Winners will receive a £500 cash prize to reinvest in their community enterprise
- If you are shortlisted you will receive a free ticket to the Community Co-operative Networking Event and Plunkett Foundation AGM
- The Awards are free to enter
- You will receive free publicity for your enterprise
- You will have a fantastic accolade to impress funders and customers alike
- Even if you do not win, the information you provide may lead us to create a case study of your enterprise, publicising your fantastic ideas or inclusion in our newsletters or future literature
- The Awards are kindly supported by a range of organisations, representatives of which make-up the judging panel. Just entering the awards means your enterprise will be given exposure to these organisations, and, if you are shortlisted, you could receive a visit
- Being a part of the Plunkett Foundation Rural Community Co-operative Awards means you are helping to raise awareness not only of your enterprise, but the community enterprise sector. You will be helping to raise awareness of the potential of co-operation in even more communities across the UK and Ireland, hopefully inspiring them to follow in your footsteps.
Who can enter?
The Plunkett Foundation is inviting enterprises from across England, Wales, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Ireland to apply and help to inspire other communities to improve rural lives and livelihoods through co-operation. Applicants need to be:
- A community co-operative enterprise such as a shop, bakery, café, garage, pub, bookshop, gym etc.
- An incorporated body – suitable structures: IPS Ben Com, CIC (large membership) and CLG (with appropriate articles)
- Open and trading
- Located within the UK or Ireland
The deadline for applications is Thursday 30th April 2015 at 5pm.
Three co-operatives from each category will be shortlisted, and will automatically receive one free place to the prize-giving ceremony, which will take place at the national Community Co-operative Networking Event and Plunkett AGM on 25 June 2015.