- Organisation: Hemlington Detached Youth Work Project (Linx)
- Salary: £20,198 pro-rata
- Salary info: Initial Temporary 6 month Contract. £10,918 (Full-time equivalent £20,198) 20 hours per week. End date (if Temp Post) September 2015
- Job type: Youth Worker x 2 (Media Mapping Project)
- Status: Part time
- Closing date: 27/02/2015
- Location: Hemlington, Middlesbrough
- Website: http://www.hemlingtonlinx.org
An exciting opportunity has arisen due to funding received from Middlesbrough Public Health to employ 2 x Youth Media Workers for 20 hours per week for 6 months (further funding to be sought). The position is based at Linx/Hemlington Detached Youth Work Project.
The project will involve 2 workers to map what current media sources are available to Young People within Middlesbrough and to identify how they can be successfully used to address key issues around health, bullying, racial issues, integration etc and to signpost to services and youth projects.
For more details please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be sent an application form, person specification and job description.
For an informal discussion contact Garry Robinson (Youth Work Manager)
Linx is a not-for-profit organisation established in 1993 and based in Hemlington, Middlesbrough
We are dedicated to working with young people in Hemlington and the surrounding areas of South Middlesbrough. We offer a variety of packages for young people including:
- Detached Youth Work Street Sessions in Hemlington and South Middlesbrough
- NEET Project (Not in education, employment or training)
- Sexual Health and Relationships Project
- Young People’s Sexual Health Clinic @ Viewley Centre Doctors Surgery
- Drugs and Alcohol Project
- Duke of Edinburgh Award Programme
- Boys and Young Mens Project
- Healthy Young Mums Project
- Junior Youth Clubs
- ‘You’re Welcome’ – Young Inspectors of Health Services
- Fun interactive activities and courses (contact for more details)
Please complete the application form and cover letter relating to the person specification by Friday 27th February to Linx/Hemlington Detached Youth Work Project, The Recreation Centre, Cass House Road, Hemlington, Middlesbrough TS8 9QW or E mail email@example.com
Interviews will take place week commencing 9th, March (date to be confirmed).